<3 I really hope you're doing okay :) *hug*
You’re legit the sweetest!!! Thank you so much <333
You’re legit the sweetest!!! Thank you so much <333
The blazing star, it burns so bright. The darkened power of the dethly light. Bring it on now, this is our time. We’re the new regime, together we’ll fight.
Blazing Star-Doomstar Requiem
Okay! Starting the Metalocalypse Drawing Challenge! *determined face*
First up: Draw a full body picture of your favorite member of the band!! Maybe use colors
I was going to draw Toki’s Dethfashion outfit but this happened instead..
ALRIGHT YA FUCKERS LISTEN UP
reposting and not sourcing or improperly sourcing your art is such a huge problem right now in so many fandoms and its disgusting to see so much nice art just get reposted without proper credit or without permission
so first things first
WHY DO WE SOURCE SHIT?
- it is literally the most basic act of decency you could do for an artist
- like its respectful to credit the artist
- its like giving a message going ‘hey you like this art? check out the artist they have more nice art!!’
- you dont see people forgetting to credit famous artists in art museums what the fuck is the difference tbh
- YOU LITERALLY JUST SOURCE THINGS AS A BASIC MESSAGE OF ‘OH HEY I RESPECT YOU AS AN ARTIST, I LIKE YOUR ART, YOU DID A NICE JOB, I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT /YOU/ MADE THIS AND NOT ME BECAUSE I DIDNT FUCKING MAKE IT’
sometimes you may see this
most artists will have it written on their pixiv / deviantart / weibo / etc in more than one language so people who cant read one language can read it in another
you know what the above image means tho?
it is exactly what it says on the tin can but in case if you arent sure let me enlighten you: DONT FUCKING REPOST SHIT
now youre probably wondering, ‘well what if i just found this off like google images or a picture hosting website????’
tips for the future that will make you very successful: if you dont know the source dont post it
but if youre like ‘awh man but this is REALLY REALLY nice art’ there are tools that you can use to help you find the source !!! first theres google image searching which i will demonstrate below
first you right click and a menu should pop up w this in it
u see the search google for this image option? click it and SHAZAM you should have pages of where else this image has been posted
now i dont recommend google image search tbh because art gets reposted everywhere. i only use it as a last resort when an artwork has been edited i try to find similar images to find the unedited version.
what i would recommend using is something called saucenao
just upload ur image and itll give you matches to the original pixiv or drawr link
if you have the extension downloaded then you just right click and this is what the menu should look like
just hover over the image search options and itll give you another menu of searches you can choose from
BAM theres saucenao, iqdb, tineye, and google search
saucenao is your go-to engine but if saucenao cant find things for you the others are also options
so now youve learned how to find a source
BUT WHAT EXACTLY IS A PROPER SOURCE?
well heres what ISNT a proper source
- other picture-hosting websites
- stuff like that, just anything that doesnt link back to either the original work or the original artist
what is a proper source:
- any social media of the original artist so stuff like their twitter, weibo, tumblr, etc.
now heres what i DONT wanna see
like HOLY CHEESE STICKS THAT REALLY NARROWS DOWN MY SEARCH THERES ONLY LIKE
yeah you read it right theres over 5 million members and 29 million submissions
like geez id LOVE to go thru a couple millions of artists and submissions to find like ONE thing but i have math homework and a test tomorrow so im gonna have to pass
WHEN WE TALK SOURCING WE ARENT ASKING FOR WHAT WEBSITE IT CAME FROM. WE WANNA KNOW /WHO/ IT CAME FROM.
then lets get to the topic of REBLOGGING unsourced or improperly sourced art
like most of you guys probably have the mindset of ‘oh hey im not the one reposting it so its not like im doing anything wrong’
when you reblog or like art that isnt properly sourced its giving a message to the reposter like: oh hey its totally okay to not source my shit because it still gets notes so why not
dont try to reblog it with an added source either because the unsourced version will still be circulating and its just another note for the reposter
when you reblog or like unsourced / improperly sourced art you are encouraging the reposter to repost MORE unsourced art
u dun fucked up now
SO WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED FROM THIS POST???? well hopefully the following:
- unsourced art is the enemy and must be stopped
- if the artist says dont do it then dont do it
- u have like 9328475984375 tools that could be used to help you find sources
- a source is only proper if it leads back to the original work / artist
- dont reblog unsourced art. do u rly want the enemy on ur blog? do u rly?
THIS HAS BEEN A GUIDE ON HOW TO SOURCE ART AND WHAT TO DO WHEN IT ISNT SOURCED. XING OUT.
I stretched my ears to 2 recently and I’m really happy, one step closer to reaching 5/8. They make me feel really good about myself and they glow in the dark!
update on mylife: i am going to homecoming with jun but i do not own any nice clothes so i have to go buy nice clothes
im v excite to go homecoming shopping with you tbh
sorry my name is legally jun